Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Employee Handbook Process

In order to ensure that policy is made publicly and not privately, the Handbook Design Team will no longer meet. The Team completed its tasks of setting guiding principles, reviewing philosophical beliefs and mapping out a timeline.  Any assistance I receive in drafting the employee handbook will be provided to me on an individual basis or with those who have specific knowledge and expertise that is helpful in completing the handbook. 
As I spend time with all of you in the focus group process I am learning much regarding your values, hopes and dreams for the future.  I am now spending the bulk of my time gathering this information into a qualitative format and examining trends.  This information will help drive the Employee Handbook that I assemble for the Board.  I will be bringing together a larger group of employees to react to the information I put together once the Focus Groups are completed along with an analysis of my findings.  This larger group will include members of each employee group and will be posted as an open meeting, so everyone is aware of the place and time. 
Thank you to all of you who have so willingly shared your thoughts and ideas with me up to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.