- Further increase graduation rate from 85.7 percent to 92 percent.
- Increase career and college readiness from 32 percent to 67 percent.
- Close graduation and career and college readiness gaps by 50 percent.
- Increase the percentage of students scoring proficient in third-grade reading and eighth-grade mathematics.
- Adopt the Fair Funding for Our Future plan to make school finance more equitable and transparent.
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Every Child a Graduate - Innovative Learning
Wisconsin is advancing education reforms to ensure every child graduates ready for further education and the workplace. These reforms build on our nation-leading graduation rates, college entrance exam scores, and more students taking rigorous college-level courses. This new initiative has been outlined by State Superintendent Tony Evers in a plan called Agenda 2017. By 2017, the State of Wisconsin needs to reach target goals that prepare our students for success in further education and career: