Tuesday, September 2, 2014

2014-2015 Rates for Medical, Drug, and Dental Coverage


On August 12, 2014, the Board of Education approved the 2014-2015 Health, Drug, and Dental Employee Premium Share (continued at 10%) with an adjusted 6.8% renewal rate increase. The 6.8% increase results in an overall premium increase of about $860,000.  90% of this increase, or about $774,000, will be paid by the District.  The remaining 10% of the increase, or about $86,000, will be paid by participants.

The 6.8% renewal rate was recommended by the District’s benefits’ consultants and took into consideration 1) yearly medical and prescription drug claims; 2) increases as a result of medical and drug trends; 3) any large claim experience; 4) stop loss renewal rates; and 5) administrative fee increases. TOTAL COST OF CLAIMS FOR THE 13-14 SCHOOL YEAR WAS OVER 7 MILLION DOLLARS!

The increase affects what the District pays for each participating employee as well as the employee’s contribution through premium share. Though the overall dollar amount has increased, employees will continue to pay a 10% share of the total cost and the District will pay 90% of the total cost. 

Below you will find two tables that illustrate the 2014-2015 rates compared to the 2013-2014 rates for the Mercy EPO plan and the Alliance PPO plan.
The new rates include dental costs. Dental costs have not increased and will remain at the rates listed below.

The plan year begins September 1, 2014 AND the rate increases go into effect with the September 10, 2014 payroll.  The rising cost of healthcare is a concern for all of us.  The District will continue to work closely with our insurance consultants to look at ways to reduce costs while providing quality care.  Employees should look for information about health benefits through the monthly Benefits’ Newsletter, blogs, and emails.  You can also stay informed by attending Board meetings and reading Board meeting and Benefit Committee minutes.  
  

Mercy EPO
Health, Drug, and Dental
Monthly Premium Costs per Employee
2014-2015

Dollar Amount Increases from
2013-2014

Total Monthly Cost
District’s Cost
Employee Cost  Starting Sept 2014
Employee’s Increase from 2013-2014
District’s Increase from 2013-2014
Single
$479.84
$431.86
$47.98
$2.80
$25.23
Employee & Spouse
$1,076.19
$968.58
$107.61
$6.16
$55.51
Employee  & Child
$921.71
$829.54
$92.17
$5.18
$46.54
Family
$1,433.83
$1,290.45
$143.38
$8.44
$76.00



Alliance PPO
Health, Drug, and Dental
Monthly Premium Costs per Employee
2014-2015

Dollar Amount Increases from
2013-2014

Total Monthly Cost
District’s Cost  
Employee Cost Starting Sept 2014
Employee’s Increase from 2013-2014
District’s Increase from 2013-2014
Single
$491.96
$442.77
$49.19
$2.88
$25.94
Employee & Spouse
$1,136.41
$1,022.77
$113.64
$6.55
$58.95
Employee  & Child
$944.11
$849.70
$94.41
$5.32
$47.94
Family
$1,523.90
$1,380.52
$152.39
$9.02
$90.17
Delta Dental Benefit per Employee
(These amounts are included in the monthly costs shown above)

Current Monthly Costs
District Monthly Cost
Employee Monthly Cost
Single
$39.58
$35.63
$3.95
Single +
$107.61
$96.85
$ 10.76








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.